Saturday, October 13, 2007

Beach Fun

Eid Break means a trip to the beach around here. Since the weather finally starts to cool off in October, Eid comes at the perfect time for Beach Parties. However, I determined not to go today for two reasons. First, I've had an exhausting 8 weeks of school, so a day at home, just resting, was much needed. Second, I'm trying to minimize my risk for skin cancer, and 6 hours in the blazing sun getting burnt to a crisp won't help. Thus, I awoke this morning just in time to shoo my lovely family out the door expecting a peaceful day alone. After what seemed like endless hours of listening to "Where're my sunglasses?", "Did you put my towel in the car?", "What do you mean this swimsuit's too small?", "Did we forget to take the cookies out of the oven?", I finally heard the car doors close. All was right in the world--or not. I heard a little whimpering bark. And yes, I, the girl who passionately despises all animals, realized I was left for an entire day with Winston, our fiendish new puppy.

At this point in the story, I cannot help but digress. Let me remind the readers that...
1) It was I who argued vehemently against getting a dog.
2) It was I who insisted that if my family got a dog, I would have nothing to do with it and would take no responsiblity for it.
3) It is I who daily tell my family that we are living in FILTH due to this dog.
OK. You get the picture.

Resigning myself to the inevitable, I ventured into the dog's room. *Cue Mission Impossible Theme Song* It would be a dangerous and dirty day, but I would face it with vigor. I would face it like a man!!! OK, where was I? That's right, I entered the lair of the intensely feared monster of the mansion. Winston and I had a stare-down. I considered it crucial to establish my authority from the beginning. Let me just say...it was a hard day. Animals make me nervous, and I make them nervous. I'm not sure my nerves will ever be the same. ;-)

Anyways, here are some pictures from last year's Eid Beach Trip...


This is a typical "Camel-Crossing" sign. :-)


When you take a nerd to the beach...

1 comment:

Kimberly Mallett said...

You make me laugh!
Thanks for posting again so soon.