Sunday, December 16, 2007

"The Girl With Golden Hair"

Good Morning, and welcome to the Today Show with Elisabeth Kent. In this case, the “Today Show” is really more like the “Past Few Weeks Show,” but you get the idea.

The hit reality TV show “Cooking with Emily” entered its 2nd season this week. In the first episode, competitors baked cookies and the theme was “A 10 Year Old Birthday Party.” One of the contestants, Abby, posed as if it was her 10th birthday (if you're wondering, this was actually Abby's 10th birthday party). As in last season, the judges each gave a score, but it was ultimately up to the viewers to bring their favorite contestants through to the next round.

Cooking with world-renowned chef Emily Kent was the illustrious Elisabeth, and together they made up team “Tye DIE!”


Competing for team “Buddy,” we had Abby and Maddi.


Finally, team R-Squared consisted of Rebecca and Riley.


The competition was intense requiring incredible fortuitousness, thinking, and perseverance!




In the end, however, the “Tye DIE” team pulled out a win with their artistic use of the classic painting, American Gothic.


These women know their Art History, and that really helped them pull out a win in the first round.

_______________________________________________________

Reader, some people believe in sticking with their natural hair color (or at least one consistent color). You may be one of those people. I am not one of those people.

I have always held that hair color can and should be an experiment. Thus, the following…

In May 2007, I went for a natural, dirty blond...


In June 2007, this gave way to more of a honey blond...


Early July 2007 saw a more whitish blond with less yellow...


August 2007 came with a drastic change to deep, dark brown...


By late September 2007, the deep brown was superseded by a more neutral brown...


Early November 2007 rushed in with a red-tinted brown...


Late November 2007 saw a bit darker reddish-brown...


So Dad and I were driving around a few days ago, and here's how our conversation went...

Elisabeth: I've been thinking about a new hair color. Maybe something blondish. What do you think?
Dad: I've always thought you looked better as a blond, more perky (yes, he actually used the word perky).
Elisabeth: I think so to!

Two days ago I decided to make the change. Things did not go quite according to plan, however, and I ended up with ORANGE hair! Dad, Emily, and Abby looked at it and said, "We cannot take you out of the house like that!" Here's a picture, but I think the picture makes it look less orange than it actually was...


Yesterday, I resolved that anything would be better than the orange. I'm now sporting a not-so-attractive goldish/yellowish color. It's not great, but it is definitely an improvement from the orange...


Thus, the past two days have indeed been trying in the area of hair. However, Dad is an angel when it comes to things like this. The top five reasons Dad is a great hair cohort…

5. He always knows what’s in style because he stays up to date with InStyle magazine and such. Thus, he is a very good hair color consultant.
4. He encourages taking risks and experimenting!
3. He doesn’t freak out when things go wrong.
2. He laughs with me about the disasters.
1. He makes speedy runs to the hair color store for more color.

Those of you who grooved to ABBA will remember the song “Thank You For the Music.” Part of the lyrics say, “I am the girl with golden hair.” Well, I think I’ve taken golden hair to a whole new level the past two days. haha.

No comments: